Holi Festival of colours
Holi is a Hindu spring festival celebrated in the Indian subcontinent, also known as the “festival of colours”.
- It signifies the victory of good over evil, the arrival of spring, end of winter.
- Its a festive day to meet others, play and laugh, forget and forgive, and repair broken relationships.
- It is also celebrated as a thanksgiving for a good harvest.
- Enter Amazon India Here
When we celebrate Holi Festival of colours :
- Holi lasts for a night and a day. It usually falls somewhere between the end of February and the middle of March in the Gregorian calendar.
- The first evening is for Holika Dahan or Chhoti Holi.
- The following day is Holi, Rangwali Holi, Dhuleti, Dhulandi, or Phagwah.
- In Holika Dahan people gather, perform religious rituals in front of the bonfire .
- The next morning is for Rangwali Holi – a free-for-all festival of colours.
- Water guns and water-filled balloons are also used to play and colour each other. Anyone and everyone is fair game, friend or stranger, rich or poor, man or woman, children and elders.
- The frolic and fight with colours occurs in the open streets, open parks, outside temples and buildings. Groups carry drums and other musical instruments, go from place to place, sing and dance.
- People visit family, friends and foes to throw coloured powders on each other, laugh and gossip, then share Holi delicacies, food and drinks.
- Some customary drinks include bhang (marijuana), which is intoxicating. In the evening, after sobering up, people dress up and visit friends and family.
Safe Tips for Holi
1. Cover maximum part of your body with full sleeved clothes and trousers .
2.Use coconut oil/ olive oil/moisturiser over your entire body in the morning of Holi .It is a old remedy for removing the colours easily post Holi.
3.You must oil your hair and also wear a good cap to protect your hair.
4.You should not wear lens while playing Holi rather can wear a sunglass to safeguard your eyes.
5.Try to use Herbal colours.
Thank you all for reading this article and also for your valuable time. Like it Share it !!!