As per Ayurveda, Our body has three doshas ,imbalance of which creates disease.
Water when stored in a pure copper vessel manages to balance all the three doshas in your body, (vata, kapha and pitta) .Studies have also confirmed that the copper vessel has an inhibitory effect on the bacteria and this, in turn, purifies the water by positively charging the same.
The water stored in a copper vessel is known as ‘tamara jal’ .It is supposed to be consumed after storing the water in a copper vessel for at least eight hours .
10 Health benefits of Drinking Water from Copper Vessel
1. Helps in Weight Loss
Struggling to lose weight ?? No time for Exercise ?
Here we present a healthy and easy way to loose weight .
Simply replace those unsafe plastic bottles with copper bottle or drink at least two to three glasses of copper water especially in the morning hour .
How copper helps us to loose weight ? Below is the answer :
- Copper helps the digestive system to perform in a better manner .
- It also breaks down the fat stored in your body. The broken down fat is then eliminated from the body efficiently. That means the body keeps only the fat actually required by the body and does not allow excess fat to be deposited in the body . It thus helps in weight loss.
So, if you want to manage weight efficiently without much exercise, you can start drinking water from a copper vessel regularly .
2. Improves Digestion
Wanna detoxifying your body ?Having problem in digesting food ? Having problem of Gas ,Acidity and ulcer ?
You can see a difference with drinking water from copper vessel.
How copper water helps in digestion ? Below is the answer:
- Copper has anti-bacterial properties, and thus it helps in killing harmful bacteria in the stomach and reducing inflammation within the stomach in turn, it improves the digestion.
- The copper-rich water breaks down the food particles and helps in improving the digestion.
- So go ahead and start your day with copper water .Drink a large glass of water that has been stored in a copper vessel, early in the morning on an empty stomach.
3. Slows Down Ageing
Wanna a beautiful skin ? Do you hate those ugly wrinkles ?
Here is a simple way to get a healthy skin free from the signs of aging : Simply have two /three glasses of copper water daily .
How copper water slows down aging ?Below is the answer :
- Copper has natural anti-oxidant properties so it fights off the free radicals one of the main reasons for the formation of fine lines.
- Copper also helps in the production of new and healthy skin cells that replace old dying ones.
- So instead of spending lot of money on unnecessary chemical containing creams you should drink one or two glasses of copper water daily .
4. Good for Heart and Beats Hypertension
- The American Cancer Society has discovered that copper helps in regulating the blood pressure and heart rate.
- It lowers down the level of bad cholesterol.
- It also beats hypertension effectively.
5. Beats Arthritis and Inflamed Joints
- You must have seen elder people of the family drinking water from copper lota. Because as per Ayurveda copper has bone and immune system strengthening properties.
- Copper’s anti-inflammatory properties helps us effectively for getting relief from pain due to inflamed joints.
- So ,If you are suffering from arthritis or inflamed joints, drinking water in a copper vessel can be the perfect remedy for you.
6. Beats Anaemia
- Anaemia is one of the most common disease in this world .Deficiency of iron results into anaemia.
- Copper helps us absorbing , using Iron in the body and regulates its flow in the blood vessels .
- Drinking water from a copper vessel naturally increases copper intake in a body hence subsequently increases iron level in the body and helps us in treating anaemia .
7. Helps Heal Wounds Faster
- Copper is known for its anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
- It strengthens the immune system.
- Thus, copper helps in not only healing external wounds but also internal injuries.
8. Regulates the Working of the Thyroid Gland
- Copper is an essential mineral that controls the working of the thyroid gland. Copper energizes the thyroid and prevents too much of excretion from the thyroid gland in the blood.
- A thyroid patient may also have copper deficiency .
- Drinking water from Copper vessel may help.
9. Boosts Skin Health and Melanin Production
Wanna Healthy hair and skin ?? Drink water from copper vessel.
- Copper improves our overall skin health. Its cell producing properties helps in skin regeneration. It improves the softness, elasticity, and firmness of the skin.
- This mineral supports the production of melanin which is the pigment responsible for the color of your skin, hair, and eyes. So prevents premature graying of the hair.
10. Antimicrobial, Fights Infections
- Copper has antimicrobial properties.
- It kills harmful bacteria effectively and helps in fighting infections.
How to buy Copper Vessel
Planning to buy Copper vessel. Here is a guide for the same :
- It is important to buy vessels that are made of pure copper. Do not buy ones that have other metals mixed in it.
- Once you have bought it, rinse it out with water and pour water into the vessel and cover it. You can use a steel or glass dish for this.
- You can buy a copper Glass/ Bottle for your office desk or Copper Jug. Buy Copper Vessels here
- While buying a copper bottle make sure the mouth is big enough to clean.
- If you have a big family you can opt for a copper container .
- Now a days copper water filter / water purifier are also available .
How to Wash Your Copper Vessel
- Use a solution of lemon juice and salt in equal quantity, dilute it with water and then use this solution for washing the copper vessel.
- Do not use any scrubber, soap or detergent for washing the copper vessel.
- Don’t forget to clean the copper vessel regularly .
Both the Ancient Indian practice and today’s science provide us enough reasons to drink water stored overnight in a copper vessel. But do not over do it .
Health Tip :
- Just drink once or twice a day from the copper vessel to stay healthy naturally.
- Never deep fridge the copper bottle.
(The drinking water guidelines of the Bureau of Indian Standards specify 0.05 mg/L as acceptable limit and 1.5 mg/L as the maximum permissible limit (in the absence of alternate drinking water source) for copper in drinking water.)
Thank you for reading the article and also for your valuable time.
Sharing is caring !!