What are Raisins /Kismis ?
Kismis are one of nature’s healthier alternatives to those sugar-rich manufactured candies and sweet snacks !
They are simply dried Grapes and came in different colours like green, Yellow and Black .However the nutritional values and benefits are simply superb.
- Raisins, also known as ‘Kishmish’ in Hindi, ‘Yendu Dhraksha‘ in Telugu, ‘Ular Dhraakshai/Kaintha Thratchai‘ in Tamil, ‘Kismis/Unakku Munthiringa‘ in Malayalam, ‘Ona Drakshi/Vonadraakshe‘ in Kannada, ‘Lal Draksh/Khismis‘ in Gujarati, ‘Bedane/Manuka‘ in Marathi, ‘Khishmish‘ in Punjabi and ‘Kash/Kishmish‘ in Bengali.
Here are the health benefits of Kismis:
1. Help In Digestion and relives Constipation:
- Raisin or Kismis are rich in Fiber .
- Having a few raisins every day is really good for the stomach as they have a laxative effect on the stomach.
- So you can have or give children a handful of raisin everyday and keep the bowel movement regular .
2. Reduces Acidity:
- Raisins contain high level of potassium and magnesium.
- These help reduce acidity and help remove the toxins from the system.
3. Helps Against Anaemia:
- Raisins have a good amount of iron and B-Complex vitamins .
- The copper present in raisins also helps in the production of red blood cells.
- Regular consumption of raisin will result in solving the problem of Anaemia.
4. Helps Prevent Cancer:
- Rasins have an antioxidant named cateching .
- They help in protecting the body against the free radical activity .Hence ultimately prevent tumours and colon cancer .
5. Known as Energy Booster:
- Being loaded with carbs, particularly natural sugars like fructose and glucose needed for instant energy .
- So next time when you feel low simply munch this healthy snacks instead of unhealthy ones.
6. Helps in Treating Infections:
- Raisins contain polyphenolic phytonutrients, which are well known as anti-inflammatory antioxidants .
- These help us to prevent infections.
7. Helps Reduce Sexual Weakness:
- Consumption of raisins is also good for your sex life.
8. Ensures Good Eyesight:
- Raisins are found to be rich in polyphenolic phytonutrients which are antioxidants .
- They also have vitamin A, beta carotene and A-Carotenoid and they are super good for the eyes .
9. Treats Insomnia:
- Raisins contain copper and Iron.
- Iron in treating insomnia as it improves the quality of sleep .
10. Lowers Hypertension:
- Vitamins in Raisin help in reducing the effect of hypertension and stress.
11. Good For Dental Care:
- Raisins contain oleanolic acid which is one of the phytochemicals ,which is essential to keep teeth safe from decay .
- They also restrict bacteria formation.
11. Manage your Weight and increase Height:
- Raisins when taken in moderations helps in keeping the weight in check .
- If you are taking other proteins sufficiently along with raisin then you can gain healthy weight.
- Raisins contain L-Algerine amino acid which can help increase height.
12. Healthy Bones:
- Raisins also contain good amounts of calcium which is good for bone health They help you from arthritis and gout.
13. Healthy Heart:
- Regular consumption of raisins provides protection against heart disease.
- It can lower cholesterol levels.
14.Raisins For Healthy Skin:
- They are packed with phenol, an antioxidant that prevents the free radicals from damaging the collagen .
- They delay the appearance of the signs of aging like wrinkles, fine lines and blemishes.
- Raisins also rejuvenate the skin cells hence prevent sagging of the skin.
- They contain resveratrol, a substance that removes the toxic and black cells from the blood to purify the blood.
15.Raisins For Healthy Hair:
- Raisins contain plenty of hair-friendly nutrients like vitamin B, iron, potassium, iron ,Vitamin C , Vitamin E and antioxidants which make the hair healthy .
Selection And Storage:
- Always check quality of the Raisin before buying.
- Avoid old stocks .
- Store in fridge .
Raisins are far better than the sweets available in the market .You can give your child a handful of Raisins everyday.
Like it Share it !!!